Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 here I come!!

Ok folks, I have a renewed desire to lose weight. I have been off the wagon (eating habit-wise) for a while now. It's time to put up or shut up. I have resolved this year to lose 100 pounds, no matter what. Here's the plan:
1. Eliminate soda and sugary drinks (usually had 2-3 Cokes per day)
2. Eliminate fries & chips, make more smart eating decisions
3. A good friend is getting a heavy duty bicycle ready for me to use(he said I could have it as long as I rode)--that's a real friend!! (Walking is difficult due to sesamoiditis in my left foot)

Ok, you also must know the facts:
40 years old, come from a family plagued with heart disease
Borderline high blood pressure
Classified as morbidly obese (6'2", 435-440, BMI 56)
Extremely out of shape(hard to walk up 1 flight of stairs but can do without resting)
Suffer from asthma(on daily meds to help)
Snore loudly and hardly ever feel rested after 6-8 hours of sleep(probably have sleep apnea as well)
Maintain a busy lifestyle despite all of this

So, if you are one of my many friends that have tried to help me lose weight and been disappointed with my failures, I am sorry-please forgive me. I need all my friends, this will be the fight of my life, the fight FOR my life.

4 comments:

  1. I am very proud of your decision, Jeff. I am sure you have all kinds of accountability throughout your busy life, but I would like to give you more. I can be that for you at church. As a matter of fact, I will join you in your venture for weight loss and a healthier life style for myself and my family. We can keep each other accountable. Praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha had a tough time figuring out who this was...lol Sure, keep on me! I appreciate the prayers and support! Thanke Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha sorry about that. I should have signed my name. Didn't occur to me that it wouldn't list who I was. I would be more than happy to keep on you. I will need the encouragement myself as well. But, I am a slave driver so be prepared!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK! Here we go!!! First thing you need to do is get rid of the junk food you feed the teens at church!!!! Practice what you preach as they say. Bring better choices in and lead them in a different direction and teach them that their bodies are the temples of our Lord and that they need to take care of them. Teach them they can change what they eat and what they do by your example!!!

    ReplyDelete